Friday, October 24, 2014

The journey continues...




Breakfast in Bangkok is delicious. I got this at a stand for about a quarter. This is some sort of deep fried, coconut-tapioca magical. 
On our last night in Bangkok, after we presented our lesson plans to some education officials, a bunch of us headed out to Khao San Road for a night on the town. Much needed, and so much fun. 




Suda Palace in Bangkok where we stayed for orientation. It's much prettier on the outside, but it worked. My hotel room ended up flooding during one of the rainstorms along with a busted air conditioner, but that's the experience of a traveler. 
After Bangkok, we took a trip to Koh Samui, others are taking a trip up to Chang Mai for the lantern festival, where we will be for a couple days until we are placed in Nakhon Si Thammarat. 
Cue the 12 hour double decker party bus. But really, we slept most of the way. 


After our "short" commute, we hopped on a 6am ferry to Koh Samui where I saw the most beautiful sunrise, it was so incredibly breathtaking. 




After settling in to our hostel, a couple of us ventures out for the most important thing, food. 140 Baht, $4 for delicious curry and a coconut shake. I could really get used to this. 


We also wandered around town in search of beach access and I got to dip my toes in the magic that is the Indian Ocean. It completly reminded me of Mexico, white soft sand, breezy beach air, and people walking up and down the beach selling you crap you don't need. I bought sunglasses. Somehow I've already managed to loose 2 pairs. Oh well, it's cheap here. :)




Our plan tomorrow is elephant trekking. I'm so excited not only for the fact we get to play with such magical animals, but we are getting a good deal. :)

1 comment:

  1. yayyy I'm so glad you're having such a good time! :) Can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete